Am Poppelsdorf. Photo by J. R.
I am a Research Fellow (Postdoc) at the School of Mathematics, Korea Institute for Advanced Study in Seoul, Korea, in the research group of Bumsig Kim.
Previously, I worked in Bonn, Germany as a Postdoctoral Fellow at Max-Planck-Institut für Mathematik and as a guest of Hausdorff Research Institute for Mathematics. I also taught mathematics and advised students in New York City for seven semesters. I received my PhD from CUNY Graduate Center. Here is my thesis. Before that, I studied Mathematics at Yonsei University in Seoul, South Korea.
Here is my CV.
Address: School of Mathematics, Korea Institute for Advanced Study, 85 Hoegiro, Dongdaemungu, Seoul, 02455, Republic of Korea
Algebraic topology and differential geometry. Geometric structures on higher bundles, generalized cohomology theories and their equivariant, differential, and twisted refinements. I am also interested in higher categories, index theory, noncommutative geometry, and topology of matters.
Publications and preprints
- Twisted Atiyah-Jänich theorem, near completion. First draft available.
- Geometric models for twisted differential K-theory II, near completion. First draft available.
Talks and slides
- 24 April 2018: Topology in Australia and South Korea 2018, IBS Center for Geometry and Physics (IBS-CGP), Pohang, Korea Slides
- 13 March 2018: Mathematics Colloquium, Incheon National University, Incheon, Korea Slides
- 29 January -- 02 February 2018: The 13th KIAS Winter School on Differential Geometry, Korea Institute for Advanced Study (KIAS), Seoul, Korea. Conference venue: Hill Condominium, High 1 Resort, Jeongseon, Korea
- 12 December 2017: Invited lecture, Konkuk University, Seoul, Korea
- 07 December 2017: Higher Categories and Mirror Symmetry, Korea Institute for Advanced Study (KIAS), Seoul, Korea
- 03 November 2017: Research group seminar, Korea Institute for Advanced Study (KIAS), Seoul, Korea
- 27 October 2017: Research group seminar, Korea Institute for Advanced Study (KIAS), Seoul, Korea
- 26 March 2017: Topology Workshop -- Cohomology Theories, Categories, and Applications, The University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh PA, USA
- 28 February 2017: Research Seminar, The Bronx Community College, CUNY, Bronx NY, USA Slides
- 16 February 2017: Algebraic Topology Seminar, Princeton University, Princeton NJ, USA Slides
- 17 November 2016: K-theory Seminar, Hausdorff Research Institute for Mathematics, Bonn, Germany. Veranstaltungskalender
- 02 November 2016: Higher Differential Geometry Seminar, Max-Planck-Institut für Mathematik, Bonn, Germany. Veranstaltungskalender
- 06 September 2016: GAP Seminar, Pennsylvania State University, University Park PA, USA.
- 08 August -- 12 August 2016: GAP XIV --- Sheffield "Graded geometry and applications to physics", University of Sheffield, Sheffield, UK. Poster
- 22 June 2016: Deformation Theory Seminar, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia PA, USA.
- 27 May 2016: 2016 Lehigh University Geometry and Topology Conference, Lehigh University, Bethlehem PA, USA.
- No teaching in this semester.
- Past courses
- Seminars hosted at KIAS
- Past seminars
Last Updated: 02 March 2018